Reduce mishandled bags with the only truly global tracing and matching system
The incidence of mishandled bags is reducing each year, according to SITA’s annual Baggage Report. However, it is a fact that bags continue to be mishandled, particularly during transfers. How an airline resolves the problem has a powerful impact on customer satisfaction.
SITA’s WorldTracer, developed in cooperation with IATA, is a global service that matches found bags with lost bag reports. It provides a faster and more cost-effective way of reuniting passengers with their bags.
WorldTracer customers file a lost bag report while ground handlers and airlines report found bags. WorldTracer then matches the two reports using IATA-defined baggage identification elements. Since SITA WorldTracer is a global database, it can match bags faster than any other solution.
Airlines and ground handlers access WorldTracer in a variety of ways, including GUI desktops and mobile devices. And passengers can also access WorldTracer, independently of airlines, through the Internet and their mobile devices. The result is bags are returned to passengers simply, swiftly and cost-effectively.
SITA WorldTracer consists of three modules: baggage tracing, baggage management and baggage claims investigation. The three modules can be used alone, or combined for a broader solution.
SITA's WorldTracer provides the following benefits.
- Improves productivity
- Enhances customer service
WorldTracer Kiosk is a new self-service feature for passengers. This kiosk accesses WorldTracer via a Web-link allowing passengers to check the status of their delayed bags over the Web, and to file "missing bag" reports without having to queue and talk to an agent.
SITA's WorldTracer includes the following features.
- Enables airlines to handle other airlines’ baggage – and they have immediate access to files created on their behalf
- Simplifies claims processing, quality control, system supervision and fraud prevention
- Creates and maintains files for damaged or pilfered bags
- Provides 28 different reports with a variety of options (e.g. the management module provides a “found property register” that enables agents to log and retrieve items found onboard an aircraft or in the vicinity of the baggage office)
- Includes a new Web-enabled platform to simplify training requirements and increase service levels to customers
- Increases baggage tracing capabilities
- Expedites and streamlines claims process
- Locates mishandled baggage more quickly
- Includes a call center option enabling member airline or ground-handling company to receive telephone calls from passengers on behalf of other WorldTracer members
WorldTracer's three baggage modules can be used alone or combined for a broader solution.
- Incorporates IATA’s rules and recommendations
- Provides continuous tracing for up to 100 days
- Maintains the industry’s single worldwide database of found, missing, unclaimed and forwarded baggage
- Provides an electronic bulletin board for match messages, system prompts and messages from other WorldTracer subscribers
- Provides a history of all transactions for each individual baggage file showing the date and time of changes and the identity of the agent who modified the file
WorldTracer’s management module interfaces seamlessly with the baggage tracing module to create, retrieve and amend records and communicate with other departments, stations, airlines and ground-handling companies.
Claims Investigation module
WorldTracer's claims investigation module allows member airlines to investigate claims made by their customers. This module is available by itself or can be interfaced with the tracing and management modules.
SITA Global Services (SGS)
SITA’s WorldTracer is supported by SITA Global Services (SGS) which provides you with global business continuity through a flexible service model. Our monitoring service ensures your IT systems are reliable and available, around the clock, around the world.
Our experts proactively monitor your infrastructure, identifying and resolving problems often before they impact your services. SGS command centers and field services specialize in managing high availability airport IT systems. SGS field engineers are on-site and available to ensure your IT systems minimize downtime and remain fully updated.