Departure Control Services
Expedite passenger flow and automate departure control processes
The goal of every airline is to provide safe, quick and seamless services to passengers at the airport. Now your operation can provide fast and efficient automated passenger check-in and boarding with SITA Departure Control Services (DCS).
Enhance the passenger experience
SITA DCS is an ideal solution for organizations which want a smoother passenger experience by automating their departure control services or upgrading current services with additional functionality.
Multi-host and integrated
SITA DCS is a fully integrated multi-host system for automated passenger check-in, boarding pass distribution and bag tag printing. DCS also offers interline through check-in and new generation weight and balance capabilities. It complies with all standard IATA messages, accepts lists from any reservations system and can interface with all varieties of electronic ticketing databases.
Suitable for airlines and ground handlers
SITA DCS is one of the most sophisticated and functionally rich departure control systems in the industry and is well suited for both airlines and ground handlers. The SITA DCS interface uses drag and drop functionality and offers shared seat maps.
By automating your processes with SITA DCS, you streamline your operations and reduce ground-handling costs. With fewer manual processes at check-in and boarding, there are fewer chances of human error.
SITA's Departure Control Services provides the following benefits.
- Improved security
- Guaranteed flexibility - through multi-access communication with multiple reservation systems
- Reduced cost and expanded ground handling
- Reduced network communication costs
Who benefits from DCS?
- Airports -DCS offers network benefits, easy training and functionality attractive to many airlines
- Airlines - DCS offers ease of accessibility within the airport environment
- Departure control managers - who will welcome the level of functionality
- Check-in managers - who will value the range and variety of equipment supported
- Passengers - enjoy a smoother check-in with transparent systems in a calm and secure environment
Departure Control Services include the following features.
- Easy integration to IATA standard peripherals
- Automated to avoid manual entry errors or dispatch delays
SDCS Central Aircraft Database
A repository of aircraft weight and balance data used to provide load control functionality for SDCS Load Control systems.
SDCS Central Aircraft Database provides the following benefits:
- Reduces operating costs through better utilization of highly skilled staff
- Provides easy, quick access to data - save time by eliminating the need to manually enter data
- Provides enhanced data control and accuracy - a single, trusted vendor interface plus data certification
Departure Control Services is supported in an application service provider (ASP) environment, hosted and delivered by SITA (which handles day-to-day technical issues). With this model, the cost is related directly to usage. ASP platforms are quick to implement and can ease the updating and enhancement of software applications.
- Flight Scheduling
- Check-in and Boarding Control
- Aircraft Load Control
- Provides a shared resource of multiple application hosts located in a central location and connected to airline terminal screens, PC workstations, boarding card and bag tag printers, boarding card and passport readers, ATB, barcode and multi-purpose printers worldwide
- Can receive passenger name list and add/delete lists from any airline reservation system
- Can be operated on an independent basis, as required by airport handling agencies conducting departure control functions for multiple airlines
Interfacing and integration
Departure Control Services interfaces with:
- The Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) operated by Canada, China, Korea, Mexico, South Africa Spain and the United States Customs
- The Advance Passenger Processing (APP) for multiple countries
- Reservations and Ticketing and is an integral part of SITA’s Horizon portfolio, a suite of products for airlines to simplify their distribution
SITA Global Services (SGS)
Departure Control Services is supported by SITA Global Services (SGS) which provides you with global business continuity through a flexible service model. Our monitoring service ensures your IT systems are reliable and available, around the clock, around the world.
Our experts proactively monitor your infrastructure, identifying and resolving problems often before they impact your services.
Ian Sander, Business Consultant Passenger Solutions SITA introduces Horizon Departure Control System, a core function of our next-generation Horizon Passenger Services.