Lets airports maximize use of check-in counter and gate resources
AirportConnect Open is the latest generation of SITA’s highly successful CUTE solution and now supports the new IATA common use standard, CUPPS.
Airlines, airports and governments have increasingly complex requirements. They need consistent passenger processing, reduced exposure to fines and penalties, reduced congestion and improved passenger flows, the flexibility to cope with peaks in traffic, the ability to facilitate tourism and trade and, of course, compliance with security mandates.
Passengers require simplified, consistent processing around the world and greater control of the travel process (electronic visa, etc). They also need to have their data privacy respected, and they want greater confidence in air transport.
Challenges facing the industry come from three perspectives:
1. The market continues to grow, but suffers from increasing financial pressures.
2. E-commerce, combined with technology maturity and the global adoption of mobile devices, are driving market change.
3. Passenger enablement in the travel industry is following other industries that have already moved to self-service.
Benefits to airlines
- Saves money by leveraging investment in a single set of common use applications that can be used on any vendor's platform
- Reduces training costs
Benefits to airports
- Enables airports to save time and resources, while increasing revenue, by maximizing use of check-in counter and gate resources
- Facilitates new carriers rapid start up at minimal expense
AirportConnect Open is the only truly integrated and proven workstation/kiosk platform:
- Same servers, LAN and core room
- Common support staff (account manager, help desk, site admin, techs)
- Standard peripherals (minimize sparing)
- Range of reporting tools for both workstations and kiosks
- Flexible blended billing model