AIRCOM® ACARS Services
Connecting aircraft and airline networks for improved efficiency
To unlock true efficiencies and cost savings, aircraft and airline ground systems need to be linked. Improved visibility of information results in better decision-making and an increase in operational efficiency.
SITA’s AIRCOM Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) Services integrate data from aircraft ACARS avionics into ground applications and databases, making them available to users in an understandable format.
Information exchange for increased efficiency
SITA’s AIRCOM ACARS Services help pilots receive vital information in real-time. It uses a globally managed network of ground stations in 160 countries and the Inmarsat and Iridium satellites.
Easy connectivity with airlines’ systems
SITA's integrated AIRCOM ACARS Services can be combined with our AIRCOM Server product, which has system integration capabilities for easy connection to multiple existing legacy airline applications to the aircraft.
Air traffic control solutions
Our ATS AIRCOM service is used by over 50 air navigation service providers with application systems using the ACARS network.
SITA's AIRCOM ACARS Services provide the following benefits.
- Improved efficiency for airlines through optimized processes and decision making
- Fuel savings from better fuel planning based on enhanced communications
- Supports all airframe types, including Airbus, Boeing, Embraer and Gulfstream
- Supports the integration of various original equipment manufacturer (OEM) applications
- Fully integrated with SITA's industry-leading ACARS manager, AIRCOM Server
SITA's AIRCOM ACARS Services include the following features.
- ACARS processing centers located in Canada, Montreal and Brazil
- Linked to VHF/VDL global network of 1,400 VHF/VDL radio stations connected to over 900 airports
- Linked to satellite networks including the Iridium, Inmarsat and JCAB constellations
- Global ground network interconnecting aircraft operational communications network to airlines operations center
SITA Global Services (SGS)
AIRCOM ACARS Services is supported by a dedicated multilingual operations team which provides monitoring and support 24x7 from command centers in Montreal and Singapore, ensuring global business continuity through a flexible service model. Our monitoring service ensures your IT systems are reliable and available, around the clock, around the world.
Our experts proactively monitor your infrastructure, identifying and resolving problems often before they impact your services. AIRCOM field engineers manage any VHF station outages to optimize availability.