Airport IT Trends Survey 2013
Airport IT investment set to reach $6 Billion in 2013
Focus is on passengers
SITA, in partnership with Airline Business and the Airports Council International, has completed the tenth edition of the Airport IT Trends Survey. The annual survey tracks key technology trends and provides revealing insight into industry IT and telecommunications (IT&T) investment and strategies.
Key trends identified:
- IT spending to either increase or remain stable in 2014
- Passenger processing technology is the top priority for airports globally
- Large growth expected in passenger services through mobile applications and social media
- Baggage self-service will transition rapidly to mainstream
- Majority of airports plan to invest in new business intelligence (BI) solutions
- Special focus: China
For rich and specific details, download the free 16 page executive summary (registration required).
About the survey
The survey was first launched in 2004 and comparisons are made where appropriate with previous surveys. Research is focused on senior IT executives at the top 200 airport operators.
The tenth edition of the SITA Airport IT Trends Survey is based on responses from participants representing more than 255 airports globally. The survey covers airports from all major regions of the world and represents 54% of global passenger traffic.