SITA Baggage Management is the most advanced, comprehensive and flexible baggage solution ever developed.
Designed for airlines, airports and ground handlers, it ensures that bags are processed as efficiently as possible throughout the end-to-end baggage process – from drop-off at departure to delivery at final destination.
In 2014, delayed, damaged and stolen bags cost the air transport industry a total of US$2.4 billion*. That’s not counting the reputational damage associated with poor quality of service. SITA Baggage Management reduces the mishandling of bags and their associated costs.
SITA Baggage Management encompasses:
- Global baggage messaging (BagMessage)
- Baggage reconciliation and tracking (BagManager)
- Interline transfer bag message generation (BagConnect)
- Mishandled baggage tracing (WorldTracer)
- Baggage process monitoring (BagSmart)
- Global baggage data repository (BagJourney)
These can be sold separately, as standalone products, or combined as part of an integrated solution.
As the major baggage messaging and tracing provider to the air transport industry, SITA has a unique view on the movements of bags globally. That’s why more than 200 airports and 500 airlines worldwide use SITA Baggage Management.
*SITA Baggage Report 2015