Type B Messaging Service
Communicate with the whole ATI quickly, efficiently, cost-effectively
Type B Messaging Service is a message switching service that enables customers to exchange electronic messages with business partners worldwide through one connection.
This message exchange is key to ensuring that airline functions such as flight operations, passenger services and aircraft maintenance run efficiently and effectively.
Switching over 25 million messages everyday, to more locations than any other provider, means SITA can get your message anywhere in the world in seconds.
Type B Messaging is part of SITA's Message Connect Operational portfolio which addresses all operational messaging needs through one set of services. SITA is the only service provider to offer end-to-end management of messages across a single, secure private network worldwide.
SITA's Type B Messaging Service is the world leader in airline messaging, providing worldwide coverage with all of the world's airlines over the SITA network.
It is a message switching service which accepts, stores, routes and delivers messages via the SITA Type B network and beyond, with gateways that can deliver messages to any fax or Telex machine globally as well as to the air traffic control community's aeronautical fixed telecommunications network (AFTN).
Type B Messaging from SITA offers:
- Access via IP, either a private SITA IP network connection or an Internet connection
- Assured delivery - using serial numbering or end-to-end protocols
- Flexibility on addressing and routing - the service offers flexible addressing and routing options through multiple deliveries for a single message, multiple destinations for a single address and group coding for multiple addresses
- Central message storage, retrieval and tracking - all Type B messages are stored on a central database for 90 days after delivery with retrieval and tracking available on request
- A gateway to other messaging environments
SITA Type B Messaging Service provides the following benefits.
SITA Type B Messaging Service includes the following features.
- Accepts, stores, routes and delivers messages via the SITA Type B network and beyond
- Resilience and performance are built into the system
A gateway to other messaging environments
One connection to Type B Messaging Service over SITA's global network allows you to communicate with:
- Any other Type B Messaging user
- Users of SITATEX
- Users of the most popular e-mail systems connected to SITA's Global Messaging Services via Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) or X.400
- SITA airline applications and services
- SITA's cargo community
- Open trading services including the ASC X12 - SPEC2000 Conversion Service
- Users on other private and public networks including AFTN and ARINC
- Public Internet e-mail users
- Fax and Telex users