AOS Data Transformation
Tailored, cost-effective data transformation
Airports and ground handlers require operational information from airlines such as scheduled and actual flight times, passenger load details and a variety of other facts relevant for flight and passenger handling.
With the increasing use of advanced applications for managing flight data, facilities and resources, there is an increasing need to receive operational information in a modern XML format that is easy to process and integrate.
SITA’s Aviation Operational Statistics (AOS) Data Transformation service allows users to extract and act on appropriate information in the most efficient and cost-effective ways possible.
Aviation Operational Statistics (AOS) Data Transformation is a value added service to the Type B and Type X Messaging services.
The airline community traditionally generates source messages as Type B. SITA’s AOS Data Transformation converts these Type B messages into XML and carries them to receivers using Type X. This service, unique to SITA, provides great benefit to the user by simplifying the exchange of business critical information.
Making the best use of information
The information extracted by the AOS Data Transformation service enables users to allocate their facilities, resources and services more efficiently. It also increases coordination between different parties at the airport to aid in the correct reporting and billing of customers.
Tailored to meet your needs
AOS Data Transformation can be tailored to respond to the specific needs of airports and ground handlers which receive operational data from airlines and other industry partners. This data is often received in a fragmented and inconsistent way making it very difficult to process in-house. With AOS Data Transformation all data can easily be integrated into back-end systems, such as the airport operations database, the resource management system, the flight information system, billing, or traffic reports.
SITA's AOS Data Transformation provides the following benefits.
- Simplified data integration and automatic feed into an airport's back-end systems
- Increased collaboration capabilities for airports and their customers and handling partners
- Avoids costly and labor-intensive manual processing
- Improved data quality and reliability
- Expedites data processing for a better and faster assignment of resources, services and billing
SITA's AOS Data Transformation includes the following features.
- Type B messages are transformed into standardized Type X (XML) format
- Managed service hosted in the SITA ATI Cloud
- Reliable and secure XML data exchange via SITA Type X Distribution Service
- Connectors access the transformed XML messages optionally via MQ, or TaXi Community Edition middleware
- Scalable pricing model fits every airport size and budget
- An enterprise license of SITATEX Online can be included as an optional element of AOS Data Transformation. Airports can then provide single user accounts to those airlines or partners who do not have their own operational messaging tool
SITA Global Services (SGS)
AOS Data Transformation is supported by a dedicated multilingual operations team which provides monitoring and support 24/7/365 from command centers in Montreal and Singapore, ensuring global business continuity through a flexible service model. Our monitoring service ensures your IT systems are reliable and available, around the clock, around the world.
Our experts proactively monitor your infrastructure, identifying and resolving problems often before they impact your services.