Many operational decisions in the airport must be made quickly, and often impact stakeholders. Even in relatively simple cases, such as flight delays, informing and coordinating stakeholders can be a fragmented and time-consuming process. This can cause unnecessary disruption of services in the airport.
For the airport to run optimally, all operational stakeholders must work together and communicate effectively and efficiently. Sharing information in real-time allows stakeholders to make fast and informed decisions, and contributes to the operational efficiency of the airport.
How SITA can help
Did you know?
By 2017, 89% of airports will use business intelligence to conduct airport service quality data analysis
(Source: Airport IT Trends Survey 2014).
Our applications and communication solutions can build an environment of real collaboration, giving you a complete view of your airport operations: airside, landside, taxiways, and air traffic control.
Our airport portfolio includes:
- Airport Management solution (AMS) – improves the punctuality of arrivals and departures through its powerful scheduling, capacity planning and resource management system; manages all of your passenger-flow related resources – departure gates, aircraft parking stands, baggage carousels, check-in desks, security checkpoints, baggage trolleys, etc., and your mobile equipment as well
- Business intelligence – collects real-time data at each step of the passenger journey, providing a consistent view of operations; this helps you optimize planning and daily operations while minimizing disruptions with accurate prediction of events, automatic triggering of tasks, and real-time intelligence for timely decision-making
- SITA ATI Cloud – provides agility and flexibility for effective collaboration among all stakeholders; allows stakeholders to access ATI applications and software based on their profile
- Operational messaging solutions – enable all airport tenants and stakeholders to exchange communications and data, easily and efficiently, with hundreds of business partners via direct-link options for all kinds of communication, including mission-critical operations
- Unified communications solution – provides interaction between airport stakeholders, increasing mobile workforce capability and improving overall responsiveness of the airport; covers all the fundamentals for efficient communication inside the airport ecosystem and with passengers, via corporate telephony, contact center, and audio / web video
- Master System Integration (MSI) – ensures all systems are integrated and sharing real-time information, essential for a collaborative environment
SITA facts and figures
- SITA’s Airport Management solution (AMS) delivers: 40% reduction in overtime, 25% better resource utilization and 5% added revenues from ad hoc services
- SITA ATI Cloud is pre-connected to 380 airports, 17,000 air transport sites and 15,000 aircraft
- SITA’s Community Messaging handles more than 30 billion operational messages every year
We have done it for others
Luiz Ritzmann, Chief Information Officer, Sao Paulo GRU Airport
Integrated operations management system
Technology integration for new airports and terminals
The backbone of collaboration
A single integrated Common Use Platform for all elements of passenger processing
One platform for voice, data, audio & video
SITA's Airport Management solution (AMS) provides system integration, real-time operational control, increased agility, and enhanced collaboration between stakeholders.
Operational messaging is an invisible - but critical - aspect of doing business in the air transport industry (ATI).
The seamless passenger journey hinges on better intelligence, analytics and smarter ways of working.