What do airlines, ground handlers and retailers have in common? They expect the airport infrastructure to be a business-enabler serving their own objectives, whether it’s streamlining passenger processes, optimizing mission-critical decision-making, or pushing passengers to their outlet.
Delivering a cost-effective, “ready-to-work” environment with infrastructure and communication services is fundamental to maintaining the airport’s attractiveness to tenants. It is also vital for sustaining development, helping the airport attract new airlines, develop retail concessions and offer the best operational environment for ground handlers.
How SITA can help
Did you know?
Passengers reporting high level of satisfaction with the airport tend to spend 45% more than those who say they are “disappointed”
(Source: JD Power North American Airport Survey).
SITA’s agile and shared-network infrastructure, along with our collaborative solutions for airports, forms the foundation of a more tenant-friendly environment. This provides your airport with a competitive advantage to attract airlines and other businesses.
Our airport portfolio includes:
- Common-use platform - ensures a smooth and efficient integration of airline operations into the airport environment, allowing any airline to use any agent desk or gate position for passenger check-in and bag drop, and enabling the reconciled boarding of passengers
- Comprehensive suite of unified communication solutions – improves the airport’s responsiveness and efficiency, as well as its mobile workforce capability
- Innovative geo-location solutions – offered as a service to retail concessions and food outlets to support their customer-based promotions
- Business intelligence solutions – allow the airport to understand passenger behavior, collect real-time data at each step of the passenger journey, and correlate the data to provide automated support for collaborative decision-making
- Operational messaging solutions – enable airport tenants to exchange data efficiently and easily with their business partners through direct-link options for mission- and business-critical operations
- A cloud-based approach – allows airport tenants to benefit from on-demand IT services, accessing ATI applications and software adapted to their requirements
SITA facts and figures
- Over 165 airlines are operational on the AirportConnect platform and over 340 airport sites utilize the AirportConnect platform around the world.
- 95% of all international destinations are covered by SITA's extensive network
- 2,400+ ATI companies are using SITA Messaging Services
We have done it for others
Maurice Jenkins, Division Director, Information Systems, Miami International Airport
Integrated operations management system
Track and manage bags from check-in to final destination, comply with Resolution 753
The backbone of collaboration
A single integrated Common Use Platform for all elements of passenger processing
One platform for voice, data, audio & video
American Airlines to become the first airline to use SITA's new Common-use Beacon Registry.
SITA’s common-use technology enters service at Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport
Operational messaging is an invisible - but critical - aspect of doing business in the air transport industry (ATI).