Passenger numbers are growing just as fast as passenger expectations. It’s vital that airports keep up with both meeting the demand in volume while also catering to the increasing needs of each passenger. Why? Because passenger satisfaction is crucial for your reputation and attractiveness.
Today’s passengers want more control over their journey. They want to self-manage key processes such as check-in, bag-drop and boarding. They want to spend less time waiting in queues and more time relaxing and enjoying the amenities of your airport.
How SITA can help
Did you know?
of airports plan to invest in self-service processes in the next 3 years (Source: SITA Airport IT Trends Survey 2014).
SITA’s airport portfolio facilitates seamless passenger processing throughout the airport, from self-service check-in and smart baggage handling to keeping passengers informed at every step of their journey.
Our airport portfolio includes:
- Common-use self check-in and self bag-drop to beat queues, save the airport cost and space, and empower passengers
- Self-service boarding, with or without biometric identification
- Automated gates and kiosks for self-service border control to reduce time at immigration, without compromising security
- Applications that leverage passengers’ mobile devices to extend self-service and share information in real-time throughout their journey: boarding passes, flight status alerts, baggage status and airport directions
- Business intelligence to analyze the massive volume of data that airports collect, improving passenger flow, allocation of staff and resources, and the passenger journey
- Geo-location to deliver timely and personalized communication to the connected traveler, providing tailored information such as parking availability, wait times, baggage tracking, gate changes, flight status, walk times to gates, lounge access and boarding alerts
- Connectivity to provide a seamless integration of airport applications, ensuring passengers enjoy the full benefits of end-to-end self-service and personalized alerts via their mobile devices
SITA Facts and figures
- 60 plus passengers can be processed in an hour by a self bag-drop unit versus 24 by traditional check-in
- 25% increase in passenger processing with SITA AirportConnect Kiosk
- 25 seconds is the average time to process a passenger with SITA Self BagDrop
We have done it for others
Chris Woodruff, CEO, Melbourne Airport
Secure and reliable communications and IT infrastructure
Integrated operations management system
Track and manage bags from check-in to final destination
The only fully integrated border management portfolio that combines risk assessment of traveler data with the tools required to manage, monitor and operate...
End-to-end passenger facilitation
Making hassle-free bag drop the industry standard
Access your applications on the move
SITA has solutions for every stage of the baggage procedure to help in the decision-making process, increase operational efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction.
Border checkpoints are changing: time spent in queues is being cut radically and passengers are noting the difference.