Increasing revenue through ancillary sales is a major part of any airline’s growth strategy. Channel optimization is fundamental in helping to achieve this. In order to operate as efficiently and profitably as possible, airlines need passenger management systems that can evolve with their business strategies, adapt to new trading models, optimize pricing and yield, and manage multiple distribution channels, all while reducing dependence on high-cost traditional distribution methods.
How SITA can help
Did you know?
By 2017, airlines expect third party sales to account for less than
30% and direct online bookings to increase to 35%
(Source: SITA Airline IT Survey 2014).
SITA understands the role that channel dynamics plays in promoting and optimizing your product and service mix. With our solutions, you can manage your distribution mix, driving appropriate business to the lowest-cost channel while also supporting channels that deliver the highest yield. We give you confidence that your fares are distributed at the right time, at the right place and to the right customer. This is achieved across all channels to deliver a consistent brand experience.
- Our solutions for self-service distribution channels provide the ability for your customers to book directly with your airline at a time of their choosing, on their device of choice, helping you execute a direct distribution strategy and build relationships with your customers while reducing the fees paid to global distribution systems (GDS)
- With our solutions, interfaces are provided for direct and third-party distribution, self-service booking, alliance partner systems and customer service technologies including web, kiosk and mobile applications
- SITA’s Reservations gives you access to the same information across all points of sale, facilitating code sharing and enabling sales of partner services in conjunction with your own inventory
- SITA’s fares management solution simplifies air fare distribution, giving you greater insight and more control; analyze fares and manage workflow across multiple departments to ensure your fares are distributed at the right time and to the right customer
- SITA’s Ticketing, with EMD, complies with IATA standards and provides comprehensive automated sales activity and electronic ticket usage reports
- Our business intelligence solution enables you to analyze sales-per-channel and point-of-sale and inventory controls that manage what can be sold at any point of sale
SITA facts and figures
- Our solutions are compliant with all three alliances requirements for interline e-ticketing, frequent flyer validation, redemption and tier recognition of customers at all touch points.
- More than 120 airlines and ground handlers use Horizon Reservations and Departure Control Services
- Following the merger of Air India and Indian Airlines IT, Air India selected SITA to implement SITA Horizon Passenger Service System and enable the merger of their IT Platforms. The seamless integration was the first milestone towards complete modernization of Air India and a key imperative for successful entry of Air India into the Star Alliance in 2014.
We have done it for others
- We innovate
- We advise
- We design
- We manage
...we have come to depend on SITA as they provide us with a cost-effective, flexible and value-centric passenger services system, that is allowing us to expand internationally while remaining aligned to our core values. And above all, we appreciate SITA’s local presence and support.
Kyu Nam Choi, CEO, JEJU AIR
Smoother, faster online business applications
High-volume message exchange system
The industry’s most comprehensive fares management solution
GDS neutral next-generation PSS for all airlines
One platform for voice, data, audio & video
SITA's next-generation data model is one of several features being incorporated into the Horizon® portfolio of products addressing the need for improved operations.
Charles Hunt, Business Development Manager, Passenger Solution Line, SITA, explains how Airfare Insight improves fares management by providing airlines with complete data to facilitate key decisions.
Cost-cutting and efficiency programs are critical for driving down prices and optimizing load factors. But have airlines lost sight of the customer?
pdf - 1.02 Mb