Integrate your systems into one platform
Seemlessly exchanging data across a wide variety of IT systems is vital. The SITA Integration Platform plays a central role in linking multiple legacy systems to new technology.
SITA’s industry leading integration approach introduces great flexibility, enabling your organization to evolve its technology infrastructure and components in tandem with its distribution strategy.
Reduce costs and risks
The SITA Integration Platform is a licensed software solution. SITA manages its application development and maintenance, reducing overall integration costs. By simplifying the integration of your systems, the level of risk of non-delivery of your projects is lowered.
New meets old
The SITA Integration Platform integrates legacy systems, such as central reservation and global distribution systems, with new applications. Integration Platform also incorporates older systems with new hardware like web servers, and links with front-end applications and user interfaces.
Compatible with any travel organization
Designed specifically for travel organizations, Integration Platform helps airlines, travel agencies, and other travel-oriented operations implement major business change initiatives with confidence. SITA Integration Platform is capable of performing a middleware role in many travel system environments. It has also been developed to operate in conjunction with SITA passenger management applications within the Horizon portfolio.
Integration Platform provides the following benefits.
- Extends the use and the life of legacy systems
- Reduces development costs and time to market
- Reduces risks for the implementation of new business strategies
- Reduces the cost of technology
- Enables future B2B connectivity based on XML standards
Integration Platform includes the following features.
- The only TAI platform that interacts “out of the box” with the complete range of travel application protocols
- Applications with instant access to legacy systems (reservations, departure control, GDSs, operations, cargo, frequent flyer databases, etc.), encapsulating their complexity and proprietary nature
- Enables new applications in the areas of e-commerce, Internet, B2B, self-service, mobile, point of sale and agency desktop to be implemented on modern, open platforms
- Can be used to interconnect hosts, eg: airline hosts in alliance networks
- Out-of-the-box connectors for airline hosts (MATIP, IATA-HTH, X.25), and for GDS/CRSs (Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, Worldspan, SHARES, SITA RES)
- Out-of-the-box interfaces for Web servers, application servers, mobile servers and desktop applications
How is Integration Platform used?
There are three types of integration scenarios, and you can use one or all of them.
By deploying the integration platform to expose legacy functionality through SOA Web Services, your enterprise can maximize the benefits of existing legacy infrastructure and advantages of open systems, while minimizing the effort to connect the two (Figure 1).
SITA Integration Platform also allows legacy applications to call out to SOA Web Services. This can extend the lifetime of existing legacy infrastructure by adding new functionality through Web Services (Figure 2).
SITA Integration Platform can facilitate the exchange of data between different mainframe systems. The platform bridges different network protocols (eg: X.25 to MATIP) and data formats (eg: different EDIFACT versions), (Figure 3).
Integration Platform enables a wide range of products and services including:
- ESB platform deployment
- Protocol conversion between different legacy systems
- Application integration between different legacy systems
- Internet booking engines and portals
- Flight and gate paging software
- Wireless and mobile solutions
- Alliance hubs
- E-ticketing hubs
- Direct agency connections and agent desktops
- Interfacing to government security systems and to supplier and customer systems
- Self-service and handheld device solutions
- Airport operations
- Departure control systems
SITA Global Services (SGS)
Integration Platform is supported by SITA Global Services (SGS) which provides you with global business continuity through a flexible service model. Our monitoring service ensures your IT systems are reliable and available, around the clock, around the world.
Our experts proactively monitor your infrastructure, identifying and resolving problems often before they impact your services.