The SITA Council plays a significant part in the overall governance of SITA, as a member representative body. It has the role of representing and safeguarding the interests of SITA's membership with the right of final approval over specific, important matters relating to the high-level direction of SITA.
The SITA Council will also be consulted on any other matter having a material impact on services provided to the SITA members.
Finally, and very importantly, the SITA Council is tasked with gathering community opinions and reporting back to the community on their actions.
The SITA Council is composed of up to 34 representatives, 20 from SITA's top 20 customers, 10 airline geographical group representatives and 4 industry specific group representatives.
The SITA Council is chaired by the Council President, who is a representative of a SITA member organization.
The SITA Council has two standing committees to focus on certain topics:
- The Nomination Committee recommends SITA Board Directors and SITA Council President and Deputy President for appointment by the Annual General Assembly.
- The Membership Committee addresses membership policy and rules, as well as member admissions and expulsions.
Current composition of the SITA Council
|Jappe Blaauw||KLM - President|
|Omar Jefri||Saudi Arabian Airlines - Deputy President|
|Meenakshi Agrawal||representing the Airport Group (MIAL)|
|Kemeredin Bedru||representing the Sub-Saharan Africa Group|
|Matthew Billings||representing the Northern Europe Group |
(Virgin Atlantic Airways)
|Hugh Noel Dunleavy||Malaysian Airline System|
|Osama Anwar Elsisi||representing the Middle East & North Africa Group 2 (Egyptair)|
|Anton Eremin||representing the CIS & Russia Group|
|Karamu Ford||American Airlines|
|Jay Fredericks||Delta Air Lines|
|Takayuki Fujiwara||All Nippon Airways|
|Greg Gilchrist||representing the ICT Group |
|Jassim Haji||representing the Middle East & North Africa Group 1 (Gulf Air)|
|Philip Hawker||British Airways|
|Luc Hennekens||Qantas Airways|
|Daniel Ho||Qatar Airways|
|Laurent Jossart||representing the Southern Europe Group|
|Jean-Christophe Lalanne||Air France|
|Qiang Li||representing the North Asia and Pacific Group |
|Joe Locandro||Cathay Pacific Airways|
|Bill Miller||representing the North America Group |
|Phinda Ncala||South African Airways|
|Rob Putter||Etihad Airways|
|Anil Sondhi||Air India|
|Nelson Tapia||representing the Latin America & Caribbean Group (LATAM)|
|Brant Venice||United Parcel Services|
|George Wang||Singapore Airlines|
|Saroj Yuttatri||South Asia & India Group (Thai Airways)|
SITA Council Committees
The Nomination Committee mission is to provide recommendations to the SITA Council on the proposed appointment of Directors of the SITA Board and the appointment of the Council President and Deputy President.
- Matthew Billings. representing the Northern Europe Group (Virgin Atlantic Airways)
- Karamu Ford, American Airlines
- Jay Fredericks, Delta Air Lines
- Greg Gilchrist, representing the ICT Group (Sabre)
- Daniel Ho, Qatar Airways
- Brant Venice, United Parcel Services
Handles Membership issues.
- Matthew Billings, representing the Northern Europe Group (Virgin Atlantic Airways)
- Jay Fredericks, Delta Air Lines
- Philip Hawker, British Airways
- Laurent Jossart, representing the Southern Europe Group (Luxair)
- Bill Miller, representing the North America Group (United Airlines)