Flight Briefing uses global data to help airlines plan routes that reduce operation costs
Fuel and time costs are the essence of an airline's operations and understanding the needs of each facet is key to the success of every flight.
SITA's Flight Briefing helps airlines of any size communicate effectively across their flight operations. From dispatch to the cockpit crew, Flight Briefing provides essential information that your team needs to bring flights in on time and on budget.
Staying ahead of the storm
Whether you are a small commercial airline or a large cargo operator, weather affects everyone. Flight Briefing provides a wide range of forecast and nowcast weather data with route overlays so your crew can avoid major weather events or take advantage of a brisk tail wind.
With access to weather data from multiple sources around the world, Flight Briefing gives the most accurate and dependable forecasts available.
Strategic route planning
From push-back to landing, determining the best route for your aircraft can save time and money on the ground and in the air.
SITA's feature product, Flight Planning, links to a global network of data which notifies your team about potential obstacles to a smooth flight and allows you to make adjustments where you need them. By calculating fuel consumption, analyzing navigation information and identifying ground obstacles at airports, Flight Planning gives you the tools you need to keep your flights on time and your operations running efficiently.
SITA's Flight Briefing provides the following benefits.
- Lower fuel costs by selecting the most economical flight plans for your aircraft
- Safer and smoother flights by avoiding major weather events
- Safer and more efficient routes by identifying potential obstacles at airports before you land and take off
- Optimized decision-making by providing pilots with up-to-date information inflight
SITA's Flight Briefing includes the following features.
- Advanced weather platform gives customized global weather data to fit the size and scale of your operations
- Surface weather utility provides access to meteorological data from observation and weather stations around the world
- Integrated notices to airmen (NOTAM) services which provide high priority data for flight crew
- Airport information service focused on airport conditions, runway status and ground obstacle identification
- FMS Wind Uplink allows for pre-flight and inflight planning by calculating the effects of specific wind conditions on different types of aircraft
SITA Global Services (SGS)
Flight Briefing is supported by SITA Global Services (SGS) which provides global business continuity through a flexible service model. Our monitoring service ensures your IT systems are reliable and available, around the clock, around the world.
Our experts proactively monitor your infrastructure, identifying and resolving problems often before they impact your services.