Education for orphaned children
In 2014, SITA India created a committee and policy to implement CSR requirements specific to the new India Companies Act. The result has been an education sponsorship in the amount of US$23,000 to SOS Children’s Villages to support 75 orphaned children in four locations across India – 15 in Alibaug, 15 in Chennai, 15 in Cochin and 30 in Jaipur. Here are a few highlights from our first annual sponsor report:
- All 75 children are enrolled in full-time education appropriate to their age
- All students have been provided new books, stationery, school bags and uniforms
- 59 (79%) are girls, 16 (21%) are boys
- Attendance record was 97% during the reporting period
- 53 children had received their final grades as of report time, with 49 (93%) of these attaining grades A to C
We wish these 75 children and all the kids at SOS Children's Villages the very best continued success in the future.