Everyone in SITA benefits from clear job descriptions, objectives, and regular performance and development reviews.
Operating in a technologically intense industry, SITA needs to adapt rapidly to change. The ability of our people to learn new skills and apply knowledge in real time is critical to our success.
SITA’s global annual performance and reward cycle supports professional growth and ensures high performance is rewarded. The cycle includes annual objective setting with twice-yearly reviews, monthly 1-2-1 meetings between employees and their line managers and formal individual development plans (IDPs) to ensure training and development activities are well supported and recognized. Formal documentation, mid-year and year-end review of objectives is required for all active SITA employees.
In 2015, our employees recorded, on average, 31 hours of formal training per person. Major learning and development programs available throughout the year included the following:
- More than 680 managers took part in our multi-levelled Management and Leadership Excellence (MLX) program in 2015 ranging from 90-minute trainings to 9-month in-depth development programs.
- SITA's STARS program won a Diamond Award at the 2015 ITMSA Marketing Excellence Awards in recognition of its outstanding strategic approach to marketing. The STARS program supports more than 250 SITA sales and marketing staff with a full roster of learning and development opportunities including go-to-market strategy, sales excellence, in-depth portfolio knowledge sharing, and more.
- Our 2,000 strong SITA Global Services team of aviation IT customer service specialists are supported through the SGS Academy, a continuous learning framework and formal curriculum covering technical and process knowledge. The program includes training on service management, compliance and culture as well as relevant higher technical and internationally recognized certifications.
- In 2015 we launched a training portal dedicated to Airport Solution Line (ASL) product education for our 300+ ASL staff. The portal provides access to online and on-site training via computer, smartphone, tablet or other device for training in the office or on the go.
- A program of online and situational security awareness training continued with courses and content to help staff improve their vigilance on passwords, phishing, risks associated with remote working and more.
- People want to work with, buy from and partner with companies that have a good reputation. Employees learned about protecting SITA’s value through an online reputation management course launched in 2015.
- More than 450 classroom-based and virtual training sessions attended by more than 4,000 SITA staff helped us prepare for a major migration to Office 365 at the end of the year, bringing new and improved communication and collaboration capabilities to the organization.
Everyone in SITA benefits from clear job descriptions, objectives, and regular performance and development reviews. Roles at SITA are mapped to a Career Framework, which defines the 13 ‘professions’ or areas of functional expertise which make up our organization. Career streams and roles are defined within each profession, giving staff clarity on the skills and knowledge required to fulfill their role and to progress to others.
In 2015, a new Technology Management profession was developed and launched, bringing together some 800 people across the business with common competencies, professional development requirements, and collaborative opportunities.
SITA supports and encourages employees to develop skills and participate in lifelong learning opportunities, as outlined in the training and education pages following. All of our major locations and most of our medium and small locations engage outplacement services to support employees’ continued employability.